BlueHost is one of the leading choices when it comes to web hosting solutions. Are you wondering about getting a BlueHost subscription? And, is it a long term commitment that is keeping you from doing so?
BlueHost provides a 30-day moneyback offer so that you do not have to worry. This is on top of numerous discounts that they have on subscriptions for 12 months, 24 months, and 36 months respectively.
If you want to try using the services BlueHost has to offer, sign up without worrying. Let us take a look at the cancellation policies in detail.
Site owners are free to cancel their BlueHost subscription whenever they want to, within the time frame of their contracts. After 30 days, the refund value will be proportionate to the number of days the service has been used for.
Fixed costs such as website development and domain name registration will be subtracted from the sum to be refunded.
BlueHost makes providing premium web hosting services to clients its utmost priority. They are positive that these services will be satisfactory to those who peruse them.
However, if you were take up a subscription, and the services do not meet your standards or needs, you can easily get a refund from BlueHost.
The 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If you want to access the BlueHost 30-day money-back guarantee, take a look at these guidelines:
- You are eligible for a full refund if you choose to cancel your membership within the first 30 days.
- After the initial 30 days, the cancellation will make you eligible to receive an amount that is proportionate to the remainder of your subscription term.
- BlueHost charges a non-refundable fee for domain registrations. This is to secure your ownership of the domain name and to cover the company’s costs. This domain belongs to you till the end of your registration and can be extended at will.
- Any add-on services purchased from BlueHost does not come under the 30-day guarantee. Domain registrations are a part of this service. However, if it is just the web hosting plan you sign up for, it will be completely covered.
- There are no hidden fees or penalties in place for stopping you from cancelling your subscription. You do not need to worry about specific term commitments for the account as well
Currently, there are four methods for cancelling your subscription to a BlueHost plan. Take a look at the avenues available:
- You can place a request for an account cancellation form.
- You can enquire about the process via live chat.
- You can submit a ticket to the support for furthering your concerns.
- You can ring up the BlueHost customer support to place your request.
In order to cancel your subscription to a BlueHost plan, make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Have an active email address present on the BlueHost account profile page.
- Make sure that the last 4 digits/characters of your own BlueHost control panel password are available to you.
If you do not have access to or have forgotten the control panel password, do not worry. BlueHost has a system in place that allows you to send a request via email to reset your password.
Simply go to the Account log-in page. You will find the email address under Forgot Password.
Send an email and BlueHost will promptly provide you with a new password for your account.
Once you raise a request for cancellation, BlueHost will provide you with a link on the e-mail id listed on your account page upon confirmation.
Log in to your BlueHost control panel in order to verify information crucial to the process of terminating accounts. Keep reading to figure out the details:
- Provide confirmation of the fact that your databases, emails, and files have been successfully backed up. It is only after this can the Billing department move to delete your account from BlueHost servers.
- Remember that DNS Zone Change services will be unavailable to you at this stage. Make sure that you redirect name servers to the provider you will be switching to. This is to accurately verify if your website is already being taken care of by another service provider.
- In the absence of another address post the cancellation of your BlueHost account, BlueHost can not be held liable for losses and discrepancies.
- Confirm whether or not you comprehend all the terms and conditions for cancellation. BlueHost will swiftly move to delete your data post this.
- You will also have to verify your first name as well as your last name.
- Please mention the renewal settings you would like to opt for your domain names registered with BlueHost. You have to do so for any and all add-on products.
- Do not forget to mention the reason behind closing your account. Make sure that you provide a brief comment about the services.
After you are done filling this form, click on Submit. A message from BlueHost will shortly arrive, to thank you for your time.