When choosing a web hosting service provider for the first time, you may doubt which one to choose. Therefore, it is highly probable that you might end up dissatisfied with their services and cancel your subscription. Upon cancellation, the next area of worry is to get your refund, and eventually find a trusted, better web hosting solution. The most common issue faced during returns is the lack of them or the high amount of work that convinces a company to give you a refund. Hence, it is vital to choose a trusted web host that does not involve all this fuss and has well laid out rules and policies regarding the refunds they offer.
BlueHost is one such web hosting solution, a renowned one in its sector known more for the highly affordable and efficient service it provides. BlueHost is also known for its assured 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the subscription. If you find yourself displeased with the service, you can avail of a full refund, provided that you cancel your subscription within 30 days of signing up. If you cancel the service after 30 days, you will get a prorated refund or a refund for the rest of the months.
But that’s not it, as BlueHost has a few rules and regulations regarding its refund policy. Although they are reasonable, it is necessary to know them before choosing BlueHost as your web hosting service provider.
- First off, to get a full refund, with no charges paid additionally, you will have to cancel your subscription in the first three days. All the fees will be promptly refunded, and you also have the option of keeping the domain name you chose for a fee of $14.99.
- After the first three days of registration, you will have to pay the domain name fee. If you cancel your plan anytime between three and 30 days, you will get a full refund that does not cover a refund of the domain name fee.
- In the case mentioned above, you are still free to keep your domain name, and can even transfer it.
- BlueHost does not offer the option for monthly payments, and even though the subscription is yearly, it still comes as highly economical. If you wish to cancel your subscription after 30 days, you will get a prorated refund based on the number of months you had left in your subscription term.
- BlueHost is popularly preferred for its add-ons and additional features that it offers. When it comes to their refund procedure, it applies only to the hosting web service provided. This means that the refund is not extended to add-ons, domain privacy, SSL certification, or any SEO package installed.
- If your website has any content in the list of prohibited acts by BlueHost, you will not be able to request a refund. This is the only scenario where you might not receive a refund. The prohibited acts include violation of Intellectual property rights, profanity, and hacking, among others.
- With BlueHost, you can cancel your subscription at any time you wish, and any commitments do not bound you. You will not be charged any extra or hidden fees or penalties if you cancel your subscription before its expiry.
Apart from the nominal rules and regulations and lack of binding agreements, another thing that makes BlueHost preferable is its quick and easy cancellation process. All you need is a termination request that is to be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Other ways to cancel your subscription are via phone or live chat. Requesting to cancel your plan via the latter methods will require you to provide documents verifying that you own the account you wish to cancel.
BlueHost has a different refund process when you cancel your account in different periods, as mentioned earlier. A detailed overview of this is given below.
- Cancellation within three days of subscription
Terminating your subscription/ plan within three days will get you a complete refund. This is because after three days, you will have to pay for your domain name, and any cancellation done before this period will not require that payment. You still choose to retain the domain name you decided by paying a fee of $14.99. Another thing to be kept on mind is that the non-refundable services you opted for, such as add-ons, will not be covered under the full refund.
- Cancellation between 3 and 30 days of subscription
Canceling your subscription within 30 days, but after the three day period means that you will still get a complete refund, but will have already paid the domain name charge of $14.99. Thus, you have the domain name for yourself, which can be transferred.
- Cancellation after 30 days of subscription
If you cancel your subscription after 30 days, you are still eligible for a prorated refund. This means you will be refunded for the unused number of months remaining in your subscription plan. The conditions for non-refundable services stay the same as earlier.
BlueHost has a reliable and assured money-back guarantee. It is very affordable because it costs only about half the price put forward by other hosting solutions. The only difference is that BlueHost does not provide a monthly payment option that others do.