BlueHost is one of the most reputed website hosting service providers that has been around for over a decade. It provides excellent hosting service, and a variety of hosting plans such as shared hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated server hosting, and VPS.
Being the highly affordable host provider, as a customer, you need to make sure that it is worth the cost, and that the price does not come in the way of the features provided. An overview of the features offered by BlueHost is given below to aid you in making your choice.
- BlueHost has a friendly user interface that helps you create your website with great ease. With BlueHost, you do not need any prior experience in coding or HTML, making it preferred among people of different skillsets and varied levels of experience.
- Once you have created your website, you will need to manage it, and this can be done quickly from the cPanel offered in BlueHost.
- With BlueHost, you can have an unlimited number of websites and domains from a single account, which is a great way to increase site traffic and boost the audience.
- BlueHost offers 600GB of storage space, and it is a great deal at the price they provide it for, which we shall look into soon.
- BlueHost also has scripts that allow you to create various tools such as surveys, polls and guestbooks, blogs, and other programs.
- One of the most attractive features of BlueHost is the 30- day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with their service.
We shall look at the key feature that we’re discussing, the option of the monthly payment. BlueHost is one of the most affordable options out there in comparison to its competitors, and yet, BlueHost does not offer monthly payment. However, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If at any point, within 30 days of the subscription, you face dissatisfaction with the services provided by BlueHost, you can cancel the subscription and get a full refund for the amount you paid.
Although BlueHost does not offer monthly payments, it is still more affordable than other website hosting service providers out there, such as HostGator, whose monthly rate stands at $10.95 for its most basic plan. Comparing the pricing rates of HostGator and BlueHost, we can see that in terms of savings and extra costs incurred, monthly rates are not the better option out there.
The most basic plan on HostGator will cost you $131.40 per year, computed at $10.95 per month. BlueHost offers 12-month, 24-month, and 36-month plans, and these shave off a considerable amount compared to other hosting providers. For example, you can get the 12-month plan of BlueHost at just $59.40 per year, which comes to $4.95 per month. This is extremely affordable compared to HostGator. The 36-month plan is the most affordable option on BlueHost, which happens to just $106.20, which corresponds to only $2.95 per month. This is made more attractive as you can avail of a full refund if the plan is canceled within 30 days of subscription.
To create your BlueHost account and select the preferred plan, follow the following steps.
- Visit the BlueHost website at www.BlueHost.com and start your registration process by clicking the Get Started Now button.
- The next step is to choose your domain name. If you need a new domain name, you can use the Register Form available in the control panel. Search the name you prefer and click Check to check availability. Since BlueHost offers you the option to have an unlimited number of domains, you can also register multiple domains under the Bulk Register Domains tab. You can also transfer an existing domain in the even you decide to host your site with BlueHost.
- After selecting your Domain name and registering (which is free with BlueHost), move on to choose your preferred hosting plan. The different types of hosting offered by BlueHost are Shared Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, and VPS Hosting, The Basic Plan is highly preferred if you’re opening a new site. Other plans available are Plus and Prime accounts, which are unnecessary unless you need to host more than two websites or have more than 100,000 visitors per month.
- The next step is to complete the account setup by filling all the necessary information, such as name and email address.
- The last step in the signup process is to select the package and configure the account. This is where we choose the preferred account plan. During this step, you will also be able to select add-ons that you might need. Two options that are checked in by default are SiteLock Security and Search Engine Jumpstart, and these can be removed to avoid extra expenses. Two add-ons that might prove useful are Domain Privacy Protection, to have an anonymous domain registration and secure your personal information, and Site Backup Pro. This tool provides easily recoverable backups.
- Once the signup process is complete, you will get a confirmation email. This completes your website building process.
These are the simple steps to be followed to build your website on BlueHost, their highly affordable pricing plans, and the 30-day money-back guarantee.