Finding a WordPress hosting is necessary before stepping into the field of affiliate marketing or starting any website. NameCheap is a popular WordPress hosting service that has been here since 2000, and here, we shall review the services they offer.
Before stepping into the review, it is essential to know why you should opt for WordPress hosting.
WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that is easy to use for all skill levels. Compared to other content management systems in the market, WordPress is free and does not require massive investment. It has numerous features and plug-ins that may prove useful for affiliate marketers. You can also choose from their vast plethora of pre-designed templates to design your website.
NameCheap is based in Los Angeles, CA, and it is an accredited domain registrar. They started hosting services in 2006, and now offer shared hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS hosting, reseller hosting, managed WordPress hosting, and email hosting. NameCheap is famous in its sector, with around 3 million customers.
They offer the standard set of services provided by other hosting providers such as:
- Performance – Their servers have the standard 16GB RAM and provide unlimited bandwidth. The quality of performance varies with the hosting plan you choose.
- Uptime – They guarantee 99.9% uptime and a dedicated team to ensure the proper performance of servers and their regular maintenance.
- Customer Service – NameCheap provides 24/7 customer support to customers, and they are available for your help throughout the year. If you are dissatisfied with the service, you can cancel and avail the 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Security – This is an important feature to be looked into before choosing any WordPress hosting provider. NameCheap provides you with a free SSL certification on signing up for their services.
- WordPress Specific Features – NameCheap provides features specifically for WordPress hosting, including backups, easy transfer of site, and effortless setup. They also have a new scalability feature called “Grow Effortlessly,” which will support your site’s growth and let the hosting plan evolve to meet your growing needs.
All the features discussed are offered by most of the WordPress hosting providers in the market, which gets you thinking – What does NameCheap have to offer that sets it apart from the others? The answer is their user interface. NameCheap has a very easy to use, a simple user interface that can be figured out by anyone with a basic awareness of web development. It is straightforward and not cluttered, providing easy navigation. Their user interface is better than that of other WordPress hosting providers such as SiteGround or BlueHost.
The biggest drawback of the services offered by NameCheap is their customer support. While they claim 24/7 customer support, this is not available unless you subscribe to the premium plan. They also lack a community forum to share your problems and receive solutions, leaving you to sort out yourself.
NameCheap offers many hosting plans at affordable prices. Their WordPress hosting starts at $8.88 per month for the most basic package, with little to no customer support. The basic plan may also hinder the traffic into your site as it limits the visitors. Additional applications and plug-ins need upcharges, unlike other hosting services that provide them for free.
It is evident from the review that apart from their friendly user interface, NameCheap does not offer anything that sets it apart from other hosting services and contribute to your success. NameCheap is great for domain registration, but it may not be the best choice for WordPress hosting as there are better hosting providers available in terms of security, performance, and customer service.
Since NameCheap is pretty ordinary with its services and facing drawbacks in areas such as customer support, it is wise to go for a WordPress hosting provider that makes up in all these areas. WP Engine has made a mark in the industry with its excellent WordPress hosting services, which are worth delving into.
Compared to NameCheap, WP Engine offers faster speeds, better server performance, lesser downtime, and customer service beyond comparison. Their customer service is available 24/7, all through the year, and they monitor your site’s performance and take care of any issues that pop up. WP Engine offers excellent potential for scalability, and they charge only for the plug-ins with developer charges. Although priced at $29 per month, it takes care of all your hosting needs such that you may save more than with any other hosting provider.
While NameCheap is an acceptable option with WP Engine, your website can grow and evolve to attain the success it deserves.